U.S. News

HGTV Star Shares Truth Behind Surprise Firing

AT SEA

Alison Victoria says poor word choice ruined her return to “Battle on the Beach.”

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - MARCH 19: Alison Victoria attends the Mel B Celebrates New Global Brand Ambassador Role With Revive Collagen In Los Angeles at Soho House Holloway on March 19, 2026 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Tommaso Boddi/Getty Images for Revive Collagen)
Tommaso Boddi/Getty Images for Revive Collagen

Popular Battle on the Beach star Alison Victoria believes she was not invited back to co-host the revived HGTV seaside home design competition program because she had falsely stated that the series had been “canceled,” which apparently bothered producers. In fact the show was not “canceled,” it was simply “not renewed,” she emphasized in a new interview, pointing out a grain-of-sand distinction between the two fates. That slightly more negative word ”should not have been used,” according to Victoria, when she referred to the ending of the series after four seasons on her Pap Smear podcast last summer. “I should’ve said ‘not renewed.’ That’s the language that I should have used,” she noted. Victoria, 44, co-hosted the series with Taniya Nayak and Ty Pennington. Earlier this week, the network announced that it was reviving the series with Pennington, 61, back as co-host, along with new designers and judges. The reality show pits teams of designers against one another to renovate beachfront homes.

Read it at PEOPLE

Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast here.